Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Best Thing In The World

From the Villa: The Romantic

The Best Thing In The World
"What's the best thing in the world?
June-rose, by May-dew impearled;
Sweet south-wind, that means no rain;
Truth, not cruel to a friend;
Pleasure, not in haste to end;
Beauty, not self-decked and curled
Till its pride is over-plain;
Light, that never makes you wink;
Memory, that gives no pain;
Love, when, so, you're loved again.
What's the best thing in the world?
—Something out of it, I think."
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Happy Birthday Vesna!

4 comments:

  1. beautiful!
    :D
    happy birthday, vesna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels so good to be me today, it feels so good to have friends like you every day:))))
    Thank you so much my dearest ladies, I hug you, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many happy years of life, Vesna! It's bit late, but I wasn't online much - my wife had her birthday yesterday too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Eric, and happy birthday to your wife too. I feel happy to know that you celebrate April 13 as a special day:)

    ReplyDelete