Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Glowing Review, and a Prompt

I think that was the best sentence yet!

So, we have created the character of Madame Butterfly:

Madame Butterfly, a disturbingly womanly dragon, seemed mystified by sudden changes and fleeting ghosts from Nowhere. Her Nowhere was communicating telepathically with a primal Entity deep within metaphysical meaning, wordless. Then little distortions started interfering with the flow, and thus sad feelings overwhelmed Madame's soul. Bright orbs showed visions emerging from mirrors surrounding her ever more.

(PLEASE CONTINUE to explore the life of Madame Butterfly in the comments section!)

PART II:
I am curious, given the limit of 56 words, which is how many we used to create her character, if we could make an entire story, a microfiction piece. If you've read Migue's latest post, you can see where several writers created entire stories in 6 words, so it should be possible! This time, each person is responsible for his/her own entire 56 words. I am giving a prompt below. POST YOUR STORY wherever you like, but also post it here in Continuum! If you do not have access to create posts, hit the "contact me" button to the right, and we will fix the situation.
Have fun!

**Given the character of an elegantly-gowned young lady, write a story in the hard-boiled detective genre, using the subject a bucket and the theme man versus the supernatural.

Word limit: 56
Time limit: 2 weeks (deadline is March 23).**


I got this microfiction prompt template from:
http://www.wgz.org/chromatic/projects/microfiction/

31 comments:

  1. I want make sure I understand. Are these 56 words that interact with the other writers or do we write 56 words after the prompt being 'These'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, sorry:
    "These" is the beginning of the new Madame Butterfly sentence.
    The 56 words are for a separate project, each person writes 56 words within the limitations of the prompt, which I am now marking the beginning and end of with double stars. I probably should have made that two posts, sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,of course... this is going to be fun! A bucket aye? A challenge as well :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....so "an elegantly-gowned girl"..."hard boiled detective genre". There must be a bucket somewhere in the story... and the main theme is the tendency of the man to the supernatural... Anything else? :D
    I don't know if I'll be able to write something readable, but I could try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. over (for our misterious Madame..)

    ReplyDelete
  6. rosa--yes! except it's man pitted against the supernatural (although it's up to you how that turns out). of course you will write something readable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am lost:)))but that's ok, I'll hit the "contact me" button:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. 56 ladies boiling in a supernatural bucket???
    I love the topic and I love these kind of games :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. monumental (let us not forget our Madame)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so: These, prevailing over monumental

    ReplyDelete
  11. Madame (don't leave her alone!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What about an appearence of Madame Butterfly in Laura's story?It could be a possibility... (my mind is wandering and wandering...too much)!!:S

    ReplyDelete