Thursday, November 5, 2009

For Diane, with Love


On your birthday I engraved a heart on the bench in the park.
I did it spontaneously, without any plan.
A bit out of ordinary for me, to do that, I may say.
There was something new in the air, a new shade of purple or red or blue in the sky.
I am not sure.
There was something warm in the cool breeze that was messing with my hair.
I remember the feeling,
I don't remember the facts.
It was that feeling that took my hand and drew the heart.
I wouldn't know who or how or why drew the other hearts;
every day I would see many new ones.
It makes me smile, it is so like you: to inspire and to create this happy place.
I love you Diane, happy (belated) birthday!

7 comments:

  1. a bit something personal:) it is still art, isn't it?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful words and action! so sweet!
    happy birthday diane!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and a perfect heart, with lovely handwriting, i might add :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice writing Veki.

    Diane, my best wishes for your 22nd birthday :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous gift for a gorgeous friend! It just reflects the light in your souls... Happy birthday, dear Diane!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh!!!! I feel like it's my birthday all over again! I wish I had seen this sooner, then again I probably would be crying all day! I love you Vesna you are such a sweet soul! To me art is personal so the answer is yes!!!

    Thank you Zoe and Sylvia this feels like a surprise party with all my favorite peeps :)

    Thank you Migue 22 I like that! I think I'll run with that! :))))

    Warm hugs...all of you, I'm so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Conceptual art - in this case not cerebral, but from the heart, in more than one way.

    ReplyDelete